WinBinder is a new open source extension for PHP, the script programming language. It allows PHP programmers to easily build native Windows applications. Even short scripts with a few dozen lines can generate a useful program, thanks to the power and flexibility of PHP.
Main Features :
- Large installed base of PHP programmers.
- No compiling and linking steps necessary: just code and run.
- Access to the vast range of existing PHP functions and extensions, including databases, graphics, web functions, XML, PDF, and much more.
- A small set of WinBinder functions encapsulates many complex aspects of the Windows API and makes programming for Windows an easy task.
- Provides 100% native Windows classes and controls.
- Interfaces directly to the Window API. This means fast execution, no extra libraries and no installation required.
- Supports both procedural and object-oriented programming models.
- High performance, compares favorably to most scripting languages.
- Produces standalone applications that can be easily installed and removed with no reboot.
- Small footprint. A simple Windows application, complete with the PHP runtime and SQLite extension, is smaller than 700 kB (zipped).
- A database-independent framework allows easy coding (no SQL knowledge is necessary) and smooth integration with the WinBinder code.
- No database server required if using SQLite.
- Does not need to use to the Windows registry, but may use it if necessary.